The Addio Mare Pizzeria & Restaurant (also known as Adio Mare) in San Agustin is one of the most popular restaurants amongst us residents. All our family members like going there and we often meet friends there by coincidence. We don’t know how Addio Mare do it, but all their dishes taste good. Of course we have our favourites like the Focaccia Rossa and Feta Cheese for starters and Spaghetti Marinera and the Solomillo Provenzale for the main course.
But no matter what we have tried – it is always tasty, nicely presented and freshly cooked. In Addio Mare they serve mouth watering pizzas with medium thick dough and also rolling pizzas with an Emmentaler cheese stuffed edge. In dozens of different variations. Pasta lovers can try the home-made ravioli, the seafood pasta Spaghetti a la Marinera, or just simply indulge in the lasagne – the Bolognese sauce is delicious! They have even created their version of juicy chicken and meat kebabs – my daughters favourite!
Then there are the international specialities: the fresh and crisp Greek Salad with Feta Cheese, sun dried tomatoes and olives, or the fried goat cheese with honey and almonds. A tasty Carpaccio with Rocket leaves, Focaccias with fresh tomatoes, garlic or rosemary, the different salads, prawns, fish. The starters alone can make up a complete dinner.
As much as the starters are great – leave some space for the main course! Addio Mare’s chefs just simply know how to cook the Argentinian beef in such way to retain all the juices and tenderness in it. You can choose how you want it served – on a wooden plank, hanging of a skewer, cut in slices, served in a sauce or baked in the oven. You can also order it raw and fry the fresh meat at provided table grill to the exact degree you fancy.
The Addio Mare is famous for the Provençal Steak
Their Fillet Steak Provençal for two is probably which won many of their clients over to become regulars. It certainly made us faithful fans of Addio Mare. You can just simply see and then taste the best quality of meat which is served in a hot frying pan with a selection of vegetables and potatoes, together with a Bernaise Sauce.
The Espetada from Madeira – a fillet steak hanging on a special skewer to show off the meat is what made their first restaurant in Playa del Inglés La Espetada famous. If you fancy mashed potatoes with a grilled piece of meat try the Plank Steak which you can see on the picture below. You will not regret it.
The owners pay great attention to detail. They really want to make you feel welcome: from the little flowers on the table to the tasteful decoration in the interior of the local – cosiness is their aim. The front terrace has only about 10 tables. Although the shopping centre is not very attractive they have managed to create a really nice atmosphere on that little terrace in the middle of the centre.
Make Sure to Reserve a Table!
In 2014 and 2015 the restaurant expanded with 2 adjacent locals adding about another 15 tables on the inside and 15 tables on the back terrace. The back terrace, on which smoking is permitted, has become the favourite sitting area amongst their guests. Incredibly so, nearly every evening of the week all tables can be taken.
Don’t even bother to go there on the weekends of the winter season without a reservation! If you do, you may have to wait an hour or more for a free table. If you are a big party and you do not want to wait order a table before hand. (Find the telephone number at the bottom of the page.) The peak time is as of 7 pm. as the majority of their guests are Scandinavian and they like to eat their dinner early.
The view from the back terrace is spectacular. You can see the palm trees, the blue sea, cosy holiday bungalows and even the Maspalomas Dunes past Playa del Inglés. We usually go for a little walk along the beach walk to help the digestion of the too many gorgeous dishes. So, definitely try it and then let us know what you think.
Your Opinion about the Addio Mare Restaurant
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- AddressCentro Comercial San Agustín, Planta 3, Local 211, San Agustín, Gran Canaria
- CategoryEat & Drink, Italian Restaurant, Pizza, Pizzeria, PREMIUM, PREMIUM Restaurant, Restaurant, Take Away, TOP Restaurant, VIP
- LocationSan Agustín
- What Is Best:Excellent Food, Argentinian steak, fast service, great views
- Speaking:English, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Serbian, Polish, Italian
- Open Hours:Mon & Wed - Fri: 18:00 - 24:00
Sat & Sun: 13:00 - 24:00
- Closing Days:Tuesdays
- Social Media:
- Home - Delivery:Yes
- Parking:On street or Shopping Center Parking
- Family Friendly:Yes
- Terrace:One to the front, one in the back
- View:Sea View & Shopping Centre
- Note:Best reserve your table before-hand
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: email@example.com