Las Palmas, the capital city of Gran Canaria, is a city bursting with culture, historical buildings and interesting sites, none more so than the impressive concert & events venue, the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium. It was named after the much respected Canarian tenor, Alfredo Kraus, as a gesture of respect towards his remarkable career.
The auditorium, built between 1993 and 1997, has become one of the cities most important and recognisable venues. Its dramatic presence, perched overlooking the sweeping city beach of Las Canteras. It brought much needed rejuvenation to this area of Las Palmas, helping it to become part of one of the busiest shopping and entertainments zones on the island, which includes the Commercial Centre Las Arenas.
What Goes on at the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium?
Most notably, the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium is home to Gran Canaria’s Philharmonic Orchestra and the we highly recommend going to see them perform. Although, the programme covers many genres and is very diverse, you will also find ballet, jazz recitals and solo performers performing there. Most notably, during this September (2017), the Moscow Ballet will be performing Swan Lake and there is also to be a stage performance of the Oscar winning film ‘La-La Land’.
A Huge Feat of Engineering
The impressive Alfredo Kraus Auditorium covers a site of over 16, 750m² and it includes 25 conference halls, the largest of which is the main symphonic auditorium which holds up to 4,600 people. The auditorium is also home to one of the largest fully functioning 2,750 piped organs in the Canary islands.
On entering the main auditorium, one is almost overwhelmed by the huge window feature at the back of the stage. This unique feature enables the audience to look directly over the crashing waves of the Ocean beyond and it is one of the Alfredo Kraus’ most spectacular & notable features. Check out the program right here and treat yourself to a dose of Canarian culture!
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- AddressAdva. Principe de Asturias s/n, 35010 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Islas Canarias Espana
- CategoryActivity, Theater
- LocationLas Canteras Area, Las Palmas City
- What Is Best:Great location with diverse repertory.
- Speaking:English, Spanish
- Open Hours:Monday-Friday 16:00-21:00
- Closing Days:Saturday and Sunday
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: email@example.com