The new eatery, Restaurant La Gustera, opened its doors in April 2017, serving a wide ranging menu featuring exquisite food at very affordable prices. This small but elegant restaurant is located centrally in Playa del Inglés, below the Hotel Las Walkirias, on the main road leading to Playa del Ingles beach. It is also located close to the Yumbo Shopping Centre.
We were impressed!
When we heard talk about La Gustera’s opening and of its interesting menu, we took it to the test straight away. And we were impressed! For starters we had the king-prawn special, nachos with guacamole, and a salad with caramelized goats cheese. The presentation was elegant and each dish impressed.
For our main courses we chose a fresh fish fillet in a delicate sauce and perfectly cooked steak, which melted in the mouth. Everything was again presented in modern style and served swiftly. The menu is extensive and the prices are affordable even though the dishes are of a higher quality, presentation and size, compared to many restaurants in the area.
Their Specialties Are Not to be Missed
The owner of La Gustera has a clear vision, which is to create a modern space with a relaxed ambiance, which would make diners feel instantly welcome. He has succeeded. With their great choice of international and local dishes everyone, from adults to children, can find something to enjoy. We loved the flexibility of being able to enjoy traditional tapas one evening, Mexican dishes on another and one of La Gustera’s Italian specialties on yet another and know that each dish will be of the same quality.
The restaurant is open at lunchtime and evening, meaning you can enjoy a simple one course lunch or a more leisurely dinner. The vibe at La Gustera means your attire can be relaxed or more formal, depending on the occasion.
The decor of the small restaurant has the feel of a chic French bistro. The monochrome colour scheme works effortlessly to create a very inviting atmosphere. The interior of the restaurant houses approximately twelve tables, whilst the pretty outdoor terrace accommodates eight. So lots of room to accommodate its guests. La Gustera’s very central location, means that diners choosing to sit outside can enjoy a cool drink as they watch people strolling along the popular street. The terrace area of the restaurant is ideally shaded under large modern parasols. This means that even on the hottest summer day the temperature remains very comfortable.
How to find the Restaurant La Gustera
If you arrive by car, we think it is best to park on the main road just above called Avenida de Tirajana. The road directly in front of the restaurant, which leads all the way to the beach, is partly pedestrianized. Also, the Yumbo Centre is short walk away and here you will find ample parking. It is a place we can recommend you to try any of the meals and we are convinced you will come back for more.
Your Opinion about the Restaurant La Gustera
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- What Is Best:Elegance, Reasonable prices, Variety (big menu), Modern Ambience
- Speaking:English, German, French, Dutch, Portuguese
- Facilities:Restaurant and Terrace, Music, Sports Channels
- Open Hours:12:00 - 24:00
- Closing Days:Open every day
- Lowest Price:3,90€ Tapas
- Highest Price:18,50€ Chateau Briand
- Social Media:
- Wifi:Free Wifi
- Parking:Street nearby
- Family Friendly:Yes
- TV Channels:Yes
- Entertainment:Sports Channels
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org