The Las Salinas Restaurant in Castillo del Romeral offers delicious fresh fish, tapas and stunning views over the ocean. The contrast of the blue sea and sky against the white-washed railings of the beach walk is just pure eye candy. Besides marvelling at the views from comfortable chairs, you are really near the natural sea pools. You can hear the sea from that terrace, you can even smell the sea. You almost feel the sea.
If you happen to eat there in the early evening, you will witness the warm sun rays of the sunset. This picture we have shot on a late afternoon in November. Having dinner in Gran Canaria can hardly get any better than this…
The Las Salinas Restaurant has the Best Gambas Al Ajillo
Castillo del Romeral is an old fishermen’s village. So, the fish you will be served in the Las Salinas will always be fresh, probably caught just a few hours before. The chefs in the Las Salinas just know how to prepare their fish and seafood. If you are a fan of garlic prawns, you should make the effort and go and eat there. The Gambas Al Ajillo will make your journey worth while. The prawns have the right size, colour and shape – and when they are served in the hot oil, it still sizzles deliciously. Just check this out:
Don’t forget to order bread and ideally some Canarian cheese, either the fresh “Queso Tierno” or the half cured “Queso Semicurado”. You will want to dip the bread into the garlic oil to accompany the prawns and the cheese to create the perfect bite. It is wonderful. If you are fan of Canarian food, this is the place to go.
New Management in Las Salinas in March 2016
Just recently the owner of the restaurant building, Juan, has taken back the management of the restaurant itself. Specialised in the Mediterranean cuisine, he works as Chef-de-Partie in a 5* hotel in the South of Gran Canaria. The second chef, Antonio has worked in or run successively most of the restaurants in the village. He is well know for his expertise in the Canarian cuisine. He also makes some mouth-watering deserts.
Since Juan has taken over, there is a distinct different atmosphere in the restaurant. Everything is immaculately clean and well looked after. Fresh fish has become the main focus of the restaurant and Juan has introduced the grilled meat on the weekends. On Sundays he puts specials on, which don’t need to be pre-ordered on that day. Dishes like:
– Sancocho Canario (Salty Fish)
– Paella (Rice-dish)
– Fiduá (Pasta Paella)
Being big steak lovers, we had to try the grilled steak with pepper sauce & chips. To tell you the truth, we were pleased with the result. The steak was made to the exact point we requested.
Due to the terrace being right at the beach walk, it makes this restaurant ideal for children. There is enough space to bring your buggy and place it right next to your table. Bigger kids can play on scooters or bicycles on the beach walk. The Las Salinas Restaurant also can make most of the dishes in smaller sizes to suit children’s appetite.
The prices are really fair, quite a bit lower than in the tourist areas only a few km away. Just check out the menu and you will see for yourself. Choose the language of the Menu: Español – Deutsch – English
Your Opinion about the Las Salinas Restaurant
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- What Is Best:Canarian Tapas, Desserts, Terrace with Stunning Sea Views, Relaxed Atmosphere
- Speaking:Spanish, English
- Open Hours:12:00 to 24:00
- Closing Days:Tuesdays
- Parking:Right next to Terrace
- Family Friendly:Yes
- Pets Friendly:Yes
- Terrace:Next to Beach walk
- View:Sea view, Beach walk
- Entertainment:Some Fridays or Saturdays Live Canary Islands Music
- Note:Sunday Special either Paella, Sancocho, Fideuá or Ropa Vieja
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org