Puerto Rico Beach is one of Gran Canarias most loved and visited attractions. This beach is popular with couples, and independent travellers and families. The two enclosing harbours provide shelter from the Atlantic Ocean waves and in turn, provide calm waters, meaning its safe for swimming.
Puerto Rico Beach is about 400 metres long and its favourable climate make it a sure bet for both for sunbathing and action-packed water activities all year round. The nearby tourist town of Puerto Rico is listed as one of the sunniest places in Gran Canaria, boasting year round sunshine, making it a very popular choice during the winter months when most other destinations in Europe are rather cool.
The beach is easily accessible with wheelchairs and prams and there are plenty of showers upon exiting. There are also lots of sunbeds and sunshades readily available for a small fee.
Activities at Puerto Rico Beach Gran Canaria
Puerto Rico is home to a great range of water based activities. There is something to suit all ages and tastes, from jet-skiing, paragliding, banana boat rides, to boat trips, young and young at heart will find something to suit!
If diving is your thing, Puerto Rico Beach has an established diving school where you can embark on an introductory dive or refresh your existing skills. All levels are catered for, simply pop along to the centre and discuss your needs with the experienced staff there.
Nearby, you can also discover the beautiful newer beach of image Amadores, which is a short walk along the promenade from Puerto Rico Beach as is featured in the image below.
Food and Drink at Puerto Rico Beach
There are many beach front restaurants and bars situated at Puerto Rico Beach. All offer a great choice of cool drinks, snacks and meals, plus all provide the option of eat in or take away. The beachfront is equally popular during the evening, where one can enjoy a stroll along the promenade before dining in one of the restaurants overlooking the beautiful beach.
There is also a selection of small shops nearby selling typical beach paraphernalia, as well as a very well stocked supermarket.
Accommodation near Puerto Rico beach
There are many hotels situated close to the beach, all of which enjoy breathtaking views over the sweeping beach and turquoise waters of the Atlantic. You can find a wide rage of accommodation from large resorts to private villas, with prices and styles to suit all pockets and tastes. The centre of Puerto Rico is a short walk away and here you will discover a large selection of restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment options.
Your Opinion on Puerto Rico Beach
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- AddressPuerto Rico beach, Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain
- CategoryBeach, Fun & Games, Golden Sand Beach, New & Updated, Snack & Tapas, Water Sport
- LocationMogan Area, Puerto Rico
- Tagsbeach, family activity, parasailing, pedalo, water sports
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: email@example.com