Situated, on what was once the original stone beach or playa of Puerto de Mogan, hence the restaurants name, you will find Restaurant Playa de Mogan, a charming and very traditional Canarian restaurant. Nowadays, the so-called Little Venice area of the port has replaced the beach and its hustle and bustle plays out before you as you sit on the restaurants spacious terrace.
This restaurant is a local gem, established by a local Canarian family many years ago and it’s one of the few authentic restaurants in Mogan that has retained it’s old world charm.
Fresh Fish Every Day
Fresh seafood is without doubt the speciality of Restaurant Playa de Mogan and the waiters are most helpful advising you on what is available from a selection displayed in a glass chilling cabinet. The seafood dishes are served very simply in the classic style, with fresh vegetables, salad and Canarian potatoes.
As well as the fish and seafood, this restaurant serves some delicious local meat dishes. For example, the carne de cabra or slowly cooked goat meat is absolutely delicious and definitely worth a try and the open-plan kitchen means you can see clearly how and where your meal is prepared!
A Must in Playa de Mogan
With so many great restaurants in Mogan, it’s hard to know where to eat, but this restaurant is a definite winner for us. It’s open all day, every day and is the perfect choice for couples, groups and families, children are specifically catered for also.
Weekends and market days can get busy with both locals and holidaymakers, so we would advise booking ahead. If your are visiting Mogan and looking for a quick lunch of tapas, or a feast of the freshest local dishes, we definitely advise you to check out this lovely family-run restaurant.
Your opinion about the Playa de Mogan Restaurant
- COMMENTS & RATINGS: Click on the REVIEWS TAB above to open the ratings dialogue.
- HOW TO GET THERE: Click on the GET DIRECTIONS TAB above to open Google Maps to guide you there.
- Scroll down to see the contact details and general information about this business.
- Gran Canaria HOTELS nearby
- Other Restaurants nearby
- What to do in Gran Canaria
- See Our Latest Blog Articles Here
- Find other businesses at our Business Guide
- Also, check out the upcoming events in our GRAN CANARIA Event Calendar
- Or return to The R Guide GRAN CANARIA Home
- Open Hours:Every day 12:00 - 23:00
- Parking:Parking nearby
- Family Friendly:Yes
- View:Puerto de Mogán
- By Judith - The R Guide
- Email: email@example.com